100% vegan: banana, nuts & chocolate cake.
Winter is coming, just like the crave for cakes or something sweet :).
So, I have decided to bake one of my favorite cake before going for a 5 km run and share it with you. It’s a banana, nuts & chocolate cake healthy version.
The cake is 100% vegan, no white flour, eggs or dairy products. As you will see from the pics, you can tell that I am not a pastry chef but I can guarantee that the cake is simply delicious!! Other thing to consider before I go step by step with the recipe is this cake is quick to make and very simple (if I made it you can definitely do the same and maybe make it better).
- 3 scoops of almond flour
- 1 scoop of coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop of chocolate powder
- 1/2 tea spoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tea spoon of coconut oil
- nuts (can be walnuts/cashew or anything you like)
- seeds (I do use flax seeds and chia but you can add anything you like)
- raisins (I make them moist in warm water before I mix them with the other ingredients)
- 1 riped banana
- Rice or almond milk
- Optional; I do add some crumbled dark chocolate, love it!!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes at 180 degrees
STEP 1: Add in a bowl the almond and coconut flour, the chocolate powder, the seeds, nuts, raisins, coconut oil, baking powder, banana and the crumbled chocolate
STEP 2: add the rice or almond milk and start to stir it till it gets creamy.
STEP 3: Place the cake mixture in a cake pan. I do use a silicone pan so you do not have to add any butter or oil on the surface.
STEP 4: Bake the cake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
STEP 5: cake is ready to be eaten 🙂
Please let me know how the cake came out and share it, maybe post a pic so we can compare :).